Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken & Egg Debate Solved....

There's a new commercial going around that uses the old "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" debate as it's basis. Oddly, I've just seen the commercial again, and I'm not able to remember what the commercial was actually about. However, I do remember that John Goodman voices the chicken with Steve Bucsemi voicing the egg. Anyway, I've figured out the answer to this old conundrum (or at least I think I have).

I'll start by explaining the logic of my choice, and I'll end with the answer.

Okay, if we take the question of which was first, it's kind of easy to break down using today's scientific reasoning.

Think about the first chicken. The first bird that we would now call a chicken was more than likely a mutation of an earlier version. This is kind of like Cromagnon Man being the newer version of Neaderthal Man. They were very similar, but not the same by any stretch.

So the first "chicken" had non-chicken parents. Keep that in mind. Now these non-chicken parents; how did they reproduce? I'm guessing that since they were still birds they probably laid eggs. Even if the parents were some sort of dinosaur, they would still lay eggs.

Therefore, the first chicken came from..... an egg. It wasn't a chicken egg per se, but an egg nonetheless. So the answer to the great debate is.... The EGG came first!

Now, prove me wrong! ;o)

No comments: