Friday, April 24, 2009

Where the hell have I been.....

Well, I've been not blogging for one thing. For another, I've been just doing stuff. Other than that, I have no explaination or excuse, not that I need either. :)

My brother & his wife & son came to visit early this month. It had been about 5 years since I saw the FloJacks, so it was good to see them again. My nephew had really grown in that time too. When last I saw him, he came to just under my chin (I'm 5'9" by the way), now he's almost as tall as I am. They grow up so fast. :)

In other news, I've gotten a new fridge & stove; they were delivered today. Both are very nice, the stove is the kind with a ceramic top, digital temp control for the oven. The fridge has a much larger freezer and those great adjustable glass shelves. There's also plenty of storage space in the door.

I've also been hob-nobbing with celebrities. My friend, Baby-Girl, was playing sax for a band putting on a benefit for cancer. The band was an all-star line-up of rock legends. I'll see if I can remember them for you. There was Alan White (drummer for Yes & John Lennon, and the event's organizer), Chris Squire (bassist for Yes), Trevor Rabin (guitarist for Yes), Mark Hudson (of the Hudson Brothers), Elliott Easton (guitarist for The Cars), Roger Fisher (former Heart guitarist), Simon Kirke (drummer for Free & Bad Company), Taylor Hawkins (drummer for Foo Fighters), Michael Shreive (drummer for Santana), Eric Bazilian (of the Hooters), Nona Hendrix (of La Belle), & Sheldon Reynolds (guitarist for the Commodores & Earth, Wind & Fire). The great part is that I actually got to shake hands with each of these people. They were all very nice and didn't give off an ego trip at all. By the way, Baby-Girl was awesome, and she looked even better, as she usually. She's just awesome in every way.

That's about all I can think of to write about for now. I'll try to post more often (where have I heard that before).

No comments: