Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's fer Supper....

For a lot of folks (if not all), what they'll be having for dinner, supper, the evening meal, etc. For me, it's not really so important. That's probably because I'm single & only have to satisfy myself.

Most of the time, my dinner consists of a bowl of cereal & milk. Some of you are going, "ewww cereal for supper?!?! What's wrong with you?" There's nothing wrong; I just prefer it. It's quick, easy to prepare, and keeps me from eating too much most of the time. It's also a good source of fiber (since I like those types of cereal), so that's a plus as well.

Now I can cook, and I do enjoy cooking. However, I learned to cook for my family, and there were six of us. Therefore, I can't cook a meal just for one. I don't know if it's a mental block or a lack of planning.

Sometimes, on Sunday, I go ahead & cook a meal. I then portion it out into six servings and freeze them to eat later. I'll take one or two to work for lunch, or I'll have a serving for supper when I get in. Just nuke it for a bit, and I'm ready to go.

Right now, I'm eating a bowl of Kashi's shredded wheat with organic milk. It's very good. The Kashi cereals have just enough sweetness without being overpowering. I may have another bowl.

Bob Appetit.... :)

No comments: